Members of the Saskatchewan Farm Writers Association can access financial support to attend conferences or undertake professional development through the following:
2023 SFWA IFAJ Congress Bursary
To provide five bursaries of $1000.00 each to eligible SFWA members to attend the IFAJ Congress – June 27- July 3, 2023 in Alberta. Congress registration opens on February 23, 2023. CFWF members will be offered a special early bird rate to register of $1200. Each month thereafter, the cost will rise by $100, to a maximum cost of $1500.
SFWA Bursary eligibility criteria:
- Applicants must be a SFWA member in good standing
- Applicants must show proof of registration to IFAJ Congress
- Preference is given to members who have never received IFAJ bursaries before
- Preference is given to independent members who may not have employers to contribute toward the costs of attending
- Successful applicants will be asked to share their learnings from attending IFAJ at a future SFWA meeting
- If a SFWA member receives funding from their employer to attend the IFAJ Congress, either in whole or in part, they will be disqualified to receive the $1000 SFWA Bursary in 2023
SFWA Executive encourages all members to consider going to IFAJ 2023 in AB.
Check out their website for more information: www.ifaj2023.ca
Applications deadline for SFWA Bursary to attend IFAJ 2023 will be April 15, 2023. Please reach out to Marlene Hursh if you are interested: firstname.lastname@example.org or 306-933-0138
Fall Tour – Save the Date
SFWA is planning a Fall Tour in the Rosetown area.
Save the Date! Mark your calendar:
The Fall Tour will take place September 29, 30 and October 1!
Hope you can attend! Stay tuned!
Professional Development Fund
Saskatchewan Farm Writers can access a pool of funding for professional development activities. Members can apply for up to $2000 in funding.
For more information, visit the CFWF website. Questions should be directed to Hugh Maynard at email@example.com
IFAJ-Alltech Young Leaders Award
Applicants must be 35 or under as of December 31 and be available to attend the bootcamp program and the IFAJ congress. For more information and deadlines, visit the IFAJ website.